Improve Your Public Speaking Skills
I continuously return to these videos for my personal growth in public speaking. They include inspiration, insight, and ideas.
The Office: Wisdom from Dwight
10 Ways To Have A Better Conversation - Celeste Headlee (10:45)
My all-time favorite TED Talk.
- How to Speak So That People Want to Listen (9:43)
- Brain Rule #10: Vision Trumps All Other Sense... "Pictures Beat Text" (0:28)
- Brain Rule #4: "We don't pay attention to boring things" (1:29)
... you have just 10 minutes to keep someone's attention. After 10 minutes, you have to switch gears in some way to refresh their attention for another 10 (a discussion, a joke, a new story, etc.) If you don't, you will lose them.
- Want to sound like a leader? Start by saying your name right. (15:32)
- TED's Secret to Great Public Speaking (7:55)
- The Secret Structure of Great Talks (18:01)